Coo-hoo! Thank you to everyone who entered my Mother’s Day competition! There were lots of great entries which all bought a smile to my beak so it made it hard for me to choose my two favourites! Therefore, I have chosen three runners up who have won £5 Prepay Credit too!
After reviewing all of the fantastic entries, the two lucky winners are: TRACY K NIXON & JAYDE GARDNER! Congratulations you both have £25 Prepay Credit flying your way. The three runners up are: LUCY L RICHARDS, SARAH JONES and MARYANN WOODLEY! Congratulations, you have all won £5 Prepay Credit!
The two winning entries are:
1) TRACY K NIXON: “I call my mam ‘gran-ma-ma’! I call her this because when I had my my first son, he started copying me and calling my mam and dad ‘mam’ and ‘dad’ too – quite embarrassing especially when I was out with my dad and son (people thought I was married to my dad because my son was calling him dad lol!) I have four little ones now so call my own mam and dad ‘gran-ma-ma’ and ‘gran-pa-pa’ so my kids call them that too!”
2) JAYDE GARDNER: “We call our Grandma “Grandma Cuckoo” as do all her great grandchildren!! No, she’s not lost her marbles!! It’s simply due to the cuckoo clock she has in her lounge!! The name has stuck and we discourage the kids from saying it in public!! ”
The three runners up entries are:
1) LUCY L RICHARDS: “My mum, Janet, is also known as……’Janet the Queen.’ She loved Elvis Presley ‘The King’ when she was younger and 2 years ago we found one of her old school books. She had written on the front page Janet, The Queen loves Elvis, The King and we have called her this ever since. I think she likes her new name, we certainly do”
2) SARAH JONES: “we call our nan our little meerkat coz she has her armchair near her window and when someone or something goes past she only little and has to really sit up and to balance while she looks she puts her hands out in front of her like meerkats do haha!”
3) MARYANN WOODLEY: “I used to call my Mum “Mumsey” for no real reason other than we used to watch The Crystal Maze presented by Richard O’Brien & he used to refer to his Mum on the show as “Mumsey”. It just stuck with me for my Mum too. It always makes me think of my childhood days watching this tv show with my Mum Sadly my Mum is no longer with us but I still refer to her as “Mumsey” :-) Many thanks Funky Pigeon Maryann x”
Keep an eye out for my next competition, and if you haven’t ordered your Personalised Mother’s Day card yet, you’d best head over to www.funkypigeon.com to order yours now! FP x