Do you give your teacher a Thank you Card or Gift at the end of the year or even at the end of exams? Ever since I was a fledgling my Mum has insisted that we say thank you to our teachers as she says they put up with a lot from us during the year.
Now I have a son of my own and I think it’s a good custom to adopt. After all, teachers are a rare breed and it doesn’t hurt to say ‘Thank you, Teacher!’ once in a while.
Here are a few tips on the etiquette of writing a thank you card for your teacher:
- Try to write more than two sentences so it looks like you’ve thought about your message.
- Write something good about them, why you’re saying thank you.
- Address the envelope yourself. Handwritten is always distinctive. You can do that with Funky Pigeon by sending you card back to you! They’ll give you an extra envelope so you can handwrite it! Coohool!
- Don’t wait too long to mail your thank you card, make sure you deliver it before the end of term!
- Enjoy the look on their face when they open up your card!
- Sneek a peek at the school notice board at the start of the new term to see if your teacher has kept your card – I bet if it was a personalised one they will have kept it!
Here are a few examples of the exciting range on offer:
They’ve even created a whole Thank You Teacher gifts section for great inspiration for thanking all of your teachers! Visit the Funky Pigeon Thank You Teacher Gifts today! Coohoo!